AF4Q Drives Health Care Transformation
The Robert Wood Johnson Foundation’s 16 Aligning Forces for Quality (AF4Q) communities are showing that bringing together the people who give care, get care and pay for care improves quality.
After six years, AF4Q communities have built transformative partnerships, often where none existed before:
- Data on quality, cost and patient experience measures are being collected and publicly reported.
- Practice coaches are deployed in hundreds of primary care practices.
- Hospitals are improving care from the emergency department (ED) to the bedside.
- Patients are playing a crucial part in transforming health care.
- New models for care delivery and organization are being implemented.
- Innovative payment reform is becoming a reality.